Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I Will Help, Will You?


I hate it when my human cries.  I feel so helpless and lost when she’s sad.  She cried this morning and there was nothing I could do to help her.  I was going to get the ball and cheer her up with a game of fetch, but Shasta said I shouldn’t because it wouldn’t help.  Then I listened very carefully as she explained just why she was crying.

I get it now.  She loves her country so much and she doesn’t think it will survive.  She is afraid she’ll never get it back.  I think it’s sort of how I felt when she left me at that place a few weeks ago.  I was really scared I would never see her again. 

I have decided that I’m going to pay more attention to her lessons every day.  I’m going to be like my sister, Shasta, and help my human keep her country free.  I know I’m just a puppy but like she tells me every day…”Every little bit helps, Patton!”   I know I can help.

If we all pitch in just a little, we can make a difference.  Will you help me help my human keep the America she loves alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis