Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Woof"ing Chick-fil-A


My human has just informed us that we get a “special treat” tonight.  She’s going to Chick-fil-A and buying dinner for us.  I’m so excited!  We don’t get that kind of treat very often, but she says we’re good conservative canines who deserve to show their support too.  YAY!!!!

Something that I have to study is The Constitution of the United States.  And I have learned that the very first Amendment guarantees American citizens the right of free speech and the right to freedom of religion.  My human says that Mr. Cathy exercised both when he made his statement about supporting traditional marriage.  She also says that his remarks did not indicate that he was bigoted or discriminated against gay people.  He simply stated his views and opinions.

I think it’s kind of silly for people to be getting all mad and stuff at Mr. Cathy for having an opinion.  My human says his company doesn’t discriminate against any group in their hiring practices and they don’t ban anyone from their restaurants.  So if he didn’t hurt anyone or tell them they couldn’t come there to eat or work for his company, what’s the big deal? 

The only thing I can see that his company does that is unfair is…they won’t let me in until I get my therapy dog certification.  It really hurts my feelings that I can’t go but you don’t see me whining about it.  I think some people need a really long timeout so they can think about how foolish they are acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis