Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Holidday Lesson #1



I saw a new “tug rope” that I want in what my human calls a sales flyer today.  I asked her if I could get one for Christmas.  That was a mistake!  I got a lesson in what the holidays are all about and Shasta even said a few things too.

 “Patton,” my human started, “the holidays aren’t about what you get for Christmas, they are about spending time together and being thankful for the many blessings you already have.”

Then Shasta said, “Our human does other stuff with us that are way cooler than the Christmas presents we get.  AND, she makes really cool treats for us to eat!”
I really want that new rope, so I began to whine a little.  That was a HUGE mistake.  I then got put in timeout and was told to think about what was most important to me.  Having each other, OR having toys.  I was also reminded that I could be one of those unfortunate pups up in the North that don’t have a human to take care of them now because of that hurricane.  It was a lot to think about.

I decided I’d rather have “play time” with my human and big sister rather than toys and nobody to play with.  I think I understand what they were trying to say.  So this Thanksgiving week I want to say that I’m thankful I have such a cool human.  I’m thankful for my lessons she gives me because I know she wouldn’t go through all the trouble if she didn’t love me.  I’m a blessed puppy because I have a human who would never leave me behind and takes such good care of me.

I am going to do better about appreciating what I have rather than being jealous another dog got something I didn’t.  My human said she was proud of me and that as a special treat for learning such a valuable lesson, she’d take me on a walk without Shasta!  Now, if I could just convince her I’d rather have a pair of her shoes to chew on rather than a walk without Shasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis