Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Explain It To Me

A couple of weeks ago, I "occupied" Shasta's food bowl while she was eating.  I ended up hurt.  Now, I learned a valuable lesson from that.  DON'T TRY TO TAKE WHAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!  So maybe someone can explain to me WHY the "occupy" L.A. crowd doesn't have to learn a lesson?  Instead, they are being offered office space for $1 a year and farm land for those who want to farm.  Doesn't really seem fair to me.  After all, they didn't earn it.

Candi read the story to Shasta and I last night after listening to the Tony Katz Radio Spectacular on AllPatriotsMedia.com.  Tony was really mad about Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa making this offer to the protestors.  Apparently, so was Candi.

"They arrest Lindsay Lohan every other month for not sticking to her probation terms, but they won't arrest these people who have illegally occupied city hall and prevented people from doing their jobs or getting to work in a timely manner," Candi said.  "Instead, they offer them office space for $1 a year and farm land.  I'm just wondering who will be displaced to appease these people."

We've been looking at the constitution and we understand that everyone has the right to peacefully assemble.  But, according to Candi, they don't have the right to interfere with others going about their business.  Obviously the mayor of LA doesn't understand this.  No...instead he wants to GIVE them something they haven't earned just to get them out of the way.  Can he not just arrest them?  They'll make bail, so it isn't like they'll take up room in the county lockup for long.

My perspective comes from my human and I understand that she is NOT on the side of these "occupy" people.  So...I'm asking my friends to read the article from the LA Times and tell us what they think.  Maybe you guys can explain to us exactly WHY the elected officials in this country are refusing to uphold the laws and just arrest these people.  You can read the article here:  http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-1122-occupy-la-move-20111122,0,1592348.story

Oh...Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I'm going to go ahead and give thanks today.  I'm thankful my human didn't catch me chewing on her high heels this morning.  I would have been in BIG trouble if she had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis