Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November: A Time Of Thanksgiving AND Remembrance

Candi has informed me that the entire month of November will be devoted to lessons in America's founding and remembrance of those who have served in the military. 

Since Veteran's Day will be first, we are going to be watching a lot of documentaries and movies about wars.  We will also be doing a lot of research on the subject via the internet.  I asked Candi if we could do some research on my namesake, General Patton.  She told me that we absolutely would...lol.  I'm glad, because I'd like to learn more about him.

Thanksgiving Day is next and we will be doing a lot of research on the early settlers and Pilgrims.  Candi says that it is important to know the TRUE history of the holiday and what it means to Americans.  I'm only eight weeks old, so I have to take her word for it.  Besides, I haven't learned how to use my paws to type yet.

At any rate, if anyone out there has any suggestions or links to websites we should visit...drop us a line.  We welcome all the help we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis