Friday, May 4, 2012

The Hardest Lesson To Learn


My human brought me to her house last October and right away she began to teach me things she thought I should know.  Yesterday’s lesson will undoubtedly be my most difficult one yet.  To be still and listen.  Shasta is a pro at it, but I’m just a puppy and I want to play instead of being still.

Candi says that there are rewards to being quiet and listening.  She says that I won’t just get doggie treats, but that I could get more people to pet me and play with me.  She also says that those politics people should be learning this lesson with me.  (giggle)
First, she gave me this quote.  “You learn when you listen.  You earn when you listen – not just money, but respect.” ~ Harvey McKay.  Candi says that people respect you more and are more willing to listen to you when you first listen to them.  Instead of money, I get doggie treats and Shasta says that it’s ok for me to focus on that first.  The other will come later.

“Big egos have little ears.” ~ Robert Schuller was her next quote she gave me.  She says that people don’t want to hear what others have to say because they want to be the ones to be heard.  It’s all about ME ME ME to them.  She says that because I’m just a puppy that I am like that but hopes I will grow out of it.  One of the biggest reasons she says she wants me to listen is so that I can help others when I’m needed but I won’t be able to do that if I don’t learn to listen first.

I want to run around and play right now.  I don’t want to listen or focus on other people.  I don’t want to do my civics homework or listen to those news people talk about the politics people.  I just want to play.  I think it’s going to be hard to learn this lesson.  Can you guys give me some help or ideas on how I can learn it faster?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis