Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I'll Get It For Myself


My human says that we are each responsible for our own actions and decisions.  It is not the responsibility of the government to make sure we do or don’t do what they decide is best.  She says that if more parents would teach their kids that, then America would be better off.

Today I ran across this picture on Facebook and it made me think that there are parents out there who are teaching their kids right from wrong.  It was posted by SOS Liberty with the words, "The youth are restoring our founding principles."  Candi is trying to teach me those things, too.  It made me think that somewhere in America there are other people who are teaching their offspring that they have to earn their way.  I hope I will be one of these young people that have been taught not to expect handouts and that I will work for the things I want.


Our human says that she doesn’t want her human child or even me and Shasta to be a #Julia.  She wants us not to be dependent on anyone else, especially the government!  I am learning everyday that there are consequences for my actions.  I get rewarded with a treat for good behavior and get a timeout for bad behavior.  I think she’s teaching me that if I work hard and do the right thing that I’ll eventually get the thing I want.  Well…maybe not the shoes, but I can at least earn treats.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis